Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow

Not a perfect shot but this is what it looks like.


Forecasters predicted a "snow storm" to hit the South starting Sunday night. They were right. It started snowing heavily around 9 pm last night. Living in metro ATL, Georgians don't see this kind of weather usually. It's like everything is at a standstill. From my window, I can see the road that connects us to i85 and it's almost deserted. Almost everything is shut down due to the hazardous road conditions. MARTA, which is Atlanta's rail service is shut down. You know things are serious when MARTA shuts down because that doesn't  happen too often. Kinda funny too, that my county announced school closing early this time. They usually wait til like 6 am to do so, I guess they like to put school kids in danger haha. There's about 4-6 inches of snow covering the ground. I can't even see my own drive way because the snow leveled out everything if that makes sense. All colleges effected by the weather canceled classes, including mine. It already stopped snowing but there's some freezing rain headed here. I don't think I'll be going to classes until road conditions are clear, and temperatures are pretty chilly for the rest of the week so it'll take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment