Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kristina and pets

Today was a good day. Awesome 70 degree weather, and frisbee with sister at the park? What more can I ask for, haha. It's been so long since I felt this kind of weather. It just snowed a couple weeks ago and now it's all warm. I think Spring is around the corner! Or actually not really, because it looks like the temps are dipping back down to 40's next week. With rain also. Whaaat. This makes me miss all the aspects of California. It's always summer over there, even if it's winter. It's summer there.

I woke up around 9 and began my day with breakfast. On the days that I have school, I usually don't wake up early enough to make breakfast because I'm always in a rush. I usually head out the door an hour before class begins. It takes about 30 minutes to drive to school, sometimes longer because of traffic or finding parking. Parking is a little difficult to find because students who have 8 am classes gets to grab the good decks first. My first class is music appreciation which starts at 9. I'm guaranteed to have a bad parking spot each time I head to school. That is, unless I park in the last deck or somehow get lucky and find one near the building. Parking in the last deck is quite a walk, but it's alright. The walk is usually relaxing because I love the cold air in the morning. The only times where the air seems good to me is in the cold mornings, and also during sunsets. The cold mornings usually wakes me up while the sunset air brings the calm to me. It's great to be outside especially when you catch the sun getting ready to set because the sky has those orange-y, pink, and blue colors. There was one day last summer where I was walking with TP, my ex, around the swimming pool and tennis court area.. there's a green grassy field in between the two.. We were sitting down next to each other, and the sky began to show signs of the sun getting ready to go down. We stopped talking to watch the sunset. It was one of those moments you can never forget. Listening to the birds chirps die down while looking up at the sky with him - Wow. It was a lovely sight.

Anyways, my school has these flowers planted around each building, in a specific pattern and I walk past by these pink and blue colored flowers near the music building, and it just has a strong, natural fragrance. I don't know how to explain it, but just know that the smell is so awesome. Despite walking from the last parking deck, I somehow still manage to get to class "just in time," so it's all good.





I made french toast for the first time today. It was alright, but I could of used less eggs. The recipe I looked at called for two eggs, when really I think one is enough. The french toast tasted like eggs even with the syrup. It was funny because my sister thought the french toast was actually scrambled eggs! Utter fail. I had strawberries on the side along with a nice cup of orange juice and also some warm oatmeal. Satisfaction? Yeah. I really enjoy cooking I'm bound to get sidetracked and talk about all the different things I make. If you have any recipes that are delicious.. send them away! I'm looking to expand my horizons and I am open to try anything new. Though recently, I've been focusing more on Italian dishes lately. I have a thing for Italian food for some reason. Irresistible. The highlight dinners of this week that I made include chicken pasta and shrimp scampi, which was a total success by the way! It was an instant hit. My mom isn't very fond of American food or anything that I make, because she's used to eating Vietnamese food but I made her try the chicken pasta and scampi. She loved it. My sister is sure darn lucky to have a bro like me.

I didn't get to mention the idea of getting a pet to my mom the other day, but I did get to talk about it today. We basically talked about Kristina's defiant and rude behavior at home, and I told my mom this arises from who watches over her. To make a long story short, she agrees that it would be best for the family for me to watch over her on days I am available. I also suggested getting a pet to help with this process, but she's afraid of it getting fur everywhere. Originality, my sister and I wanted to get a house cat. I'm equally a cat and dog person by the way. Funny thing is that my sister and I were so sure that my mom was gonna say yes, so we decided to look up the cats we wanted from our county's shelter website. She did say yes, but that answer later changed. We were soo ready to adopt it and everything because my mom was alright at first, but then she talked to her boyfriend and that changed everything. She is now convinced that it would be a hassle to handle the fur. I'm sure the rewards of having a pet outweighs the hygiene of the pet - plus I heard that cats are naturally clean due to their nature of licking their own fur. But it's alright, I'll just have to listen to what she says.

Time to wrap things up cuz I have some homework to work on.
Well I gotta work on this project I have for my English comp class due on Monday. I gotta do a presentation with my partner, who seems to be lagging on his part (dude never checks his email). He has been absent for a while so I'm not sure what's going on, because he hasn't contacted me yet. I also have a test for music appreciation and I am definitely not  ready. 

Thinking back to the facebook "like" page I saw on my news feed, "reaching the point where harmless procrastination meets "oh god im screwed". Yep.. so that like page now explains my situation, lol. 

I'll try to have another post up tomorrow.

Anthony.


No comments:

Post a Comment