Monday, April 18, 2011

AF recruiter interview

Two weeks ago I walked into the AF recruiter office hoping to talk to a recruiter. That didn't work out to well because you had to make an appointment which I didn't know about. My friend, Tanya, was with me. I met her in junior year of high school and we managed to talk again after many months of not talking. We weren't really close like that, only friends in class but somehow I guess we started talking again just last month through facebook. She's planning on to go to the Army reserves so we thought it would be a good idea for us two to be work out buddies. 

We ended up hanging out that day and started our very first workout. And that was at the park. I haven't ran in ages so I was lagging a bit, but yeah. We went to the dollar theater to watch "The Roommate" and also we saw parts of "Tangled." Cam Gigandet played a role in "The Roommate" and there were a couple of explicit scenes, but that's normal with every movie. Cam Gigandet is my new man. Just kidding, he's actually married with kids, but I can always dream right? Waait.. my ex wouldn't be happy about this so nevermind! (I have news about him coming up in the next post)

What a stud.

Anyways, back to the appointment. So the appointment was on a Wednesday, two days after I made the appointment. I sat there in the lobby with the other two soldiers dressed in their blues and combat uniform, and there was a recruitment video showing various different scenes of boot camp. I sat there for like an hour and the lobby was really small so it was weird because the two guys were just standing there. I was waiting for my name to be called up by the recruiters in the back, and after an hour of waiting they finally called my name and did a short interview.
The room had no door and it was a open space. I think the walls were built sound proof or something because I remember he was talking to a potential candidate like me but I did not hear anything. The interview consisted of questions asking if I ever been married, have kids, taken drugs, have asthma, etc. and why I want to join the AF. My recruiter's name was Sergeant C. and he was pretty tall and built. He had 6 strips so I assume that he's been in the AF for a while. I then had to take the practice test and I scored above the minimum so I can enlist! But the only thing that was preventing me from enlisting was my weight. They told me they weren't allowed to give waivers because the AF was so full and that there were other potential candiates that didn't require a waiver, so they told me to come back when I gained 10 pounds. That kind of sucked because I felt like I was turned down, but I'll be coming back in a month with some progress.
My friend Tanya suggested I get those weights that you were able to put in your pockets but that would be lying. I weigh about 109 pounds with all my clothes on so I don't think they will strip me down to my boxers in the recruiting office. The minimum weight for my height is 117 pounds so I have a bunch to gain. 

I don't do much cardio anymore because that would burn all the calories away so I'm pretty much lifting heavy. Muscle weights more than fat so I think I should gain the pounds within a month. I'm excited and stoked!

Anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment