Monday, August 9, 2010

School and distant grandma



Today was the first day of school for my county. I woke up somewhat earlier than usual because the door bell had rung several times. I did not know who was going to come. I had opened the door, and there was my sister's distant grandma who I have not talked to all summer or even seen for that matter. I did not know what to say to her; I called my mom downstairs so they could have a talk.

She, the grandma is not a very good person at all. She stole money, clothes, jewelry, and anything that she could get her hands on when my mom was living with her. This grandma is J's dad's mother. J and her are related somewhat, but as for me I am distant. In my culture, we have doubles. Double grandma's and grandpa's. I have tried explaining it to several people, but they still do not understand. It is likely that you will not understand either. I will give it a shot though.

When a couple marries, the spouse or husband's parent's become apart of the family. For example, say if I marry someone named 'Melody'. Her parents will become my parents too. If I were to have children with 'Melody' - our kids will have another pair of grandparents. Does that make sense? Probably not. It's all apart of the culture, really.

My sister J resides with her distant grandma. Her grandma brainwashes my sister into thinking that my mom and I are bad people. My sister J, has not called me or seen me since school had ended in May. The same goes with her grandma too. We have no other choice but to leave her with her grandma until the day she decides to come back. My sister J, always has a place at home but there is nobody to watch over her since I will be going to college and everyone else will be working. Did I also mention that she expects my mom to pay for the time being? She even asks her own son (who is J's dad) for money. My mom refuses to pay money. Our reasoning behind this is that nobody forced her to take care of Jennifer. We offer Jennifer a place to stay, but her grandma convinces J to stay with her so she can get more and more money. J's grandma even steals money, repeatedly from her own Catholic church. You shouldn't even show your face at the church's doorsteps if you plan on taking the donations.

My sister is quite stupid for falling for the trap and not realizing where her real home is. She's in 4th grade, but you would say that a little kid at least knows who their own mother is - Jennifer does not because she would be home by now with us!

Her grandma an evil person indeed. She tries to ruin my mom's reputation around town by telling other people that we have abandoned Jennifer. If I could, I would send that lady straight to jail for her acts of nature. It's been about two years since J has stayed home with us. Saaad.

My mom does not communicate with this grandma too. We both dislike her, and hope someday karma will come back and bite her.

Word of advice: Be ready to take on the challenge of raising your own children. No fuss or complaints from Mom. I am pretty sure I could be a great dad if I were to have authority over my own sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment