Saturday, July 2, 2011

The soldier who left a legacy




You might not know who that brave guy is above. Keep on reading.


It's early;  we're a bit slow today(well we were). It's approximately 12:35 PM on the clock nearby. I'm surfing the internet and I come across an article on headlines on CNN. It is a must read. It brings so much emotions such as sadness and anger. It's a moving story.. While reading, tears fell down my cheeks like rain drops.. Almost as if I know could feel the pain that was felt, like I lost someone great in my life. I'm wiping tears off my eyes as I type because it does, indeed hit home. Very beautiful, and remarkable story of bravery and valor from a soldier. 

It;s almost as if I've known him. I wish I had. His wishes will not go into silence as I'm apart of the cause he sought. I'm not just going to sit here and complain about something, I think I'm going to get involved now. Campaigns such as HRC come into mind and it's time for action.

I cannot stress it enough, it's a definite "must-read," here is the article, from CNN. 


Andrew Wilfahrt - Soldier leaves legacy much larger than 'he was gay.'







As fourth of July nears, let us be reminded that freedom is not FREE at all. There is no FREE in FREEDOM. It all comes down to a price - the price of life.

"A candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long."

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment