Friday, August 6, 2010

Airport, grandma, placement testing.

I drove on the highway today to the airport, Hartsfield Jackson Airport to be specific. It was about a 40 minute drive from where I live. It was nerve racking due to the massive amount of cars on the road. While I was driving, there was not much conversations going around. Maybe one or two. I dropped off my grandma with my mom's boyfriend at the drop off area and let her go her way. I wanted to come in, but we were short on time and had to go right away. If I went alone, I would have gone in with her to print her plane ticket at the self check in booth.

I'm sad that she has left. I've learned so much about myself that she has told me these past days. I would always hold on to the things she bought me, like food and small gifts. She went to Kroger with me the day before and we bought some croissants, M&M's, waffles, and fruits. The first three are in my room right now and it serves as a reminder of her presence just two hours ago.

I was only able to give her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek :\. The cars behind us were honking because all the parking spots on the curb was full. It's sad to know what she has to go through back at home. She has plans to vacation like all the other elderly people out there, but she can't yet due to financial problems.

I'll be taking her out of country someday. It will be the best.

On the other hand I also drove up to my college to take my placement testing. I was about 1 minute late and I came in just as the proctor was telling instructions. I passed all sections and I do not need remedial classes. I think that's a relief for me to know that. I will be going to orientation next Tuesday.

College is a different environment. It just doesn't have that atmosphere that high school has.

No comments:

Post a Comment